January 9, 2012
31 Reasons To Love January – #9
9. Having Your Cake And Eating It (Or Eat Like A Cow)
There are two types of people in the New Year. Resolved detoxers set on avoiding everything fun or tasty and the anti-giver-upers, an equally determined bunch who maintain that depriving yourself of anything in a tough month like January is a terrible idea.
Well we sit in the ‘have your cake and eat it’ camp. Well…we would, we are a restaurant. Here are our favourite tips for eating more healthily without missing out on a thing:
– Eat like an Italian. Italian men apparently live for five years more than British men so they must be doing something right.
– Eat with a small fork. Lord Alan Sugar’s new ‘invention’ is The Tiny Fork diet. Yes, exactly as it sounds, is it a diet based on eating with small cutlery.
– Fill your boots with tomato, fish, white meat or vegetarian dishes, as these tend to have less calories. At Zizzi look out for hearts scattered liberally throughout our menu, showing which dishes have less than 650 calories (but all the taste).
– Eat like a cow. Apparently grazing on lots of little things slowly is a great way to give your tummy enough time to tell your brain when it’s full. Makes sense to us. And we just so happen to have a tasty new range of little bites called Cichetti, all for around 500 calories or less. We promise there is absolutely no grass in it, nor will we milk you at any point during your meal.
Some more reasons to love January.