November 21, 2014
Piccante Calabrese & Zucca Penne
(That’s spicy sausage pasta to you or me…)
Clear the kitchen and get ready to cook up a tasty Italian dish! This recipe makes a nice generous portion for 1 – if you’re looking to impress multiply by the number of guests.
– 120g of pasta (we like penne for this one)
– 40g pumpkin, roasted and cubed – you could use squash if you prefer
– 10g rocket leaves
– 50g Calabrese sausage, cubed
– 25ml extra virgin olive oil
– 1 clove of garlic, crushed
– 5 small sprigs of rosemary
– Grated Grana Padano to serve
1. In a pan add the oil, crushed garlic, rosemary, pumpkin and Calabrese sausage and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Let the sauce rest for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
4. Place the pasta in the sauce, add the rocket and mix well.
5. Finish with a nice cheesy helping of Grana Padano.