Calzone Pollo Spinaci Recipe
Follow along with Big Zuu, YouTube star, grime artist and self-taught food truck chef, on how to make our folded pizza, the Calzone Pollo Spinaci.
Show off to your mates your pizza folding skills with our this delicious recipe of our Calzone Pollo Spinaci – packed full of chicken, prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella in a creamy béchamel sauce.
200g pizza dough ball
110g mozzarella, broken into small chunks
1 small chicken breast, cooked and torn into thin chunks
2 slices of Prosciutto
5 button mushrooms, sliced
60g of béchamel sauce
Pinch of rosemary, chopped
1 tsp of Riserva cheese, grated
Vegan garlic butter, for brushing
Red pepper tapenade, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to its maximum setting. If you have a pizza oven, set the temperature of it to 300°C (570 F).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into one large oval shape, about 30cm across, using a rolling pin (or go pin free if you have the skills). The dough needs to be very thin so it will crisp and cook quickly in the oven.
- Lift the rolled dough onto a baking sheet or pizza paddle.
- Sprinkle the chopped mozzarella across the middle of the pizza, then add the torn chicken pieces and layer the sliced prosciutto over.
- Finally, add the spinach leaves and the sliced mushrooms, and sprinkle the chopped rosemary over it.
- Now, ready for the béchamel! Pour the sauce evenly over the ingredients.
- Here’s where we get handsy with the pizza! Close the calzone, pulling the side without the filling over, then flatten the dough with your fist to ensure there are no holes. Then crimp and fold the calzone around the edge, and you should be left with a crescent shaped calzone.
- Carefully place the calzone in the oven and cook until the calzone rises (the ingredients will create a lot of steam allowing it to rise) and it gets golden.
- Towards the end of cooking, take the calzone out and brush with the vegan garlic butter and sprinkle with the Riserva cheese. Pop the calzone back in the oven for a few more minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and garnish with a side of red pepper tapenade.
- Tuck in and enjoy!