Casareccia Pollo Piccante Pasta Recipe
Follow along with Big Zuu, YouTube star, grime artist and self-taught food truck chef, on how to make our new pasta recipe – exclusive to Zizzi restaurants.
Casareccia is a traditional short pasta, loosely rolled lengthways and slightly twisted. The twisted shape makes them great for holding sauce, whether it’s simple pesto or chunky sauce. Here we have our spicy harissa chicken that is a Zizzi customer favourite in our restaurants!
200g Casareccia Pasta
1 Chicken Breast, cooked
10g Belazu Rose Harissa Paste
115ml Double Cream
5 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Handful of Spinach
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Cook 200g casareccia pasta for 8-10 minutes in salted, boiling water.
- Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper and pop into a hot pan with a little olive oil, cook through, remove and slice.
- Mix the chicken breast with the harissa paste and leave to marinate.
- Next, heat up a pan with a little bit of oil. Once hot, add the marinated chicken, followed by the cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Then add the double cream and season to taste. Cook for a 3-4 minutes until the sauce is bubblin’.
- Drain and add your cooked pasta to the pan, followed by a handful of spinach. Toss together making sure all the pasta is coated by the sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with a chilli, serve and enjoy!